| Daughters |
For #wesharewednesday, I wanted to share a special list of 50 “Rules For My Daughters” as they grow older. It's important to me that I leave a legacy of fun and faith to my children. I always want them to remember what was on Mama's heart for them.
1. Don’t knock it ’til you try it.
2. Send Thank You cards for every act of hospitality —
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
4. Put cinnamon in your coffee, and twice as much when you miss me.
5. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
6. If you’re going to curse, be clever. If you’re going to curse in public, know your audience. Wait, never mind, how about just never curse!
7. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul and point you back to God.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
10. Happiness is not a permanent state. Joy + Wholeness are. Don’t confuse these.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
12. Never walk through an alley alone. Always be mindful of your surroundings.
13. Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
14. Can’t is a cop-out. ‘Don’t want to’ is perfectly acceptable. 'Do your Best' is preferred.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
16. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
17. Never lie to yourself. Always tell the truth, then you don’t have to remember what you said.
18. Your body, your rules.
19. If you have an opinion, you better know why.
20. Study your curiosities and practice your passions.
21. Ask for what you want. Be Bold.
22. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work. Hard work pays off.
23. Don’t skimp on good sheets.
24. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
25. Fall hard and forever in love with God, with yourself.
26. Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, & Yes Sir/Ma’am whenever the situation warrants it.
27. Reserve I’m sorry for when you truly are.
28. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
29. Question everything except your own intuition.
30. You have enough. You are enough.
31. Don't worry about anything but, pray about everything.
32. Have confidence in knowing your self-worth.
33. See your beauty without a compliment or a mirror.
34. You don’t have to be the best at something to make a difference in the world.
35. Good friendships and relationships don’t just happen. You have to look for them, you have to fight for them, you have to nurture them. You have to be one.
36. Don’t forget the Golden Rule.
37. Know your priorities & don’t confuse them- Seek First the Kingdom.
38. Trust God and Chill. He’s got you. Pray before you panic.
39. See the Best in yourself & others. Be a good parent to yourself & give LOTS of grace.
40. Real men love Jesus.
41. It’s not about you. It’s about God, Others, & then you.
42. Fail BIG! Take chances. Don’t be afraid to fail.
43. Always be kind. It costs nothing but means everything.
44. Let the One who created you, define you. Audience of One.
45. Always forgive. Even when it seems impossible. 70 x 7.
46. Life is too short to be offended.
47. Remember nothing is really ‘yours’- it all belongs to God.
48. Be generous. Joy & giving go hand in hand.
49. Life is a vapor, be present.
50. The heart follows treasure. Let Jesus be your treasure. Allow your heart to go deep in the Word, because He is where the Joy is.
Love Forever & Always,